This is the coldest time of year in our area and can bring about the harshest weather. Although skiers haven’t seen that much snow on the ground, the digits tell us it is time to bundle up. Whether you are going to the mailbox to get the mail, taking a walk to the corner store to buy some milk or going out for an evening on the town make sure to dress appropriately. The following are some tips to get your through the winter weather and keep yourself protected.
- Dress in several layers of lightweight clothing, which will keep you warmer than a single heavy coat. This is especially important if you are going to be running around and will be in several different temperature settings throughout the day.
- Keep your hands and head warm. Did you know that mittens provide more warmth to your hands than gloves? Make sure to wear a hat, preferably one that covers your ears.
- Wear waterproof, insulated boots to keep your feet warm and dry. It also helps you to maintain your footing in ice and snow.
- Without the heat constantly reminding you how thirsty you are people tend to forget to stay hydrated. Take a hydration break periodically.
- Seek medical attention if you have symptoms of hypothermia including confusion, dizziness, exhaustion and severe shivering.
- Seek medical attention if you have symptoms of frostbite including numbness, flushed gray, white, blue or yellow skin discoloration, numbness, or waxy feeling skin.
The best way to stay warm on some of the coldest days, when you absolutely have to go somewhere, go in a Royal Coachman vehicle! Our cars are warm and toasty and our drivers do everything in their power to ensure your trip with us is safe and comfortable!
Tags: limo service morris county nj, limo services new jersey, limousine service in nj, limousine service new jersey, limousine services nj, new jersey travel, safety tips