The cost of costumes, treats, favors, parties, and more associated with Halloween adds up quickly. If you follow a budget but would love to make this Halloween extra special, you can. With a little bit of ingenuity and planning, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.
To find great costumes while sticking to a budget, consider the following tips:
- Avoid Retail Stores – The cost of costumes in retail stores is relatively high. Instead, look at thrift stores, garage sales, auction sites, and online swap shops where Halloween costumes are easy to find and extremely affordable.
- Swap with Family and Friends – You can swap costumes with people you know. Many people put Halloween costumes in storage, so before you buy, ask around to see if someone has a costume in good shape that they would be willing to exchange for one that you own.
Trick or Treating
You can also make trick or treating fun for your kids, as well as those in the neighborhood, without spending much money on candy and other goodies.
- Trick or Treat Bags – Rather than purchase store-bought bags, have your children use a pillow case to carry candy and goods.
- Candy and Other Goods – Candy and other goodies handed out for Halloween are always going to be more expensive when initially put on the shelves. However, if you wait until Halloween day, you can save anywhere from 30% to 70% off the price. In addition, watch the newspaper and check online for coupons.
For small and large Halloween parties, you can make a lasting impression — even on a budget.
- Establish a Budget – It is important to create a budget and stick with it. Having a financial plan helps you gravitate to things that you can afford, thus keeping the cost of purchases low.
- Good Planning – For the best savings on decorations, linens, and other items needed for a party, make purchases immediately after the prior year’s Halloween season. With this, you will enjoy tremendous savings. Then simply put the items in storage and use them to entertain in the upcoming year.
- Homemade Decorations – This is the perfect opportunity to get creative. Even if you are not typically a creative person, you can go online and find thousands of easy-to-make costumes and decorations that cost very little.
The Perfect Halloween Treat
Even if you are on a budget for Halloween, you will be amazed to find that limousine services are affordable. In fact, compared to other modes of transportation, this is often more cost-efficient means of getting around. To get to and from parties, you can always hire a chauffeur.Tags: Halloween in NJ, NJ Events