Just because you typically dress in a certain way for important meetings does not mean you have to wear a suit and tie or skirt and blouse with high heels while traveling on business. Of course, you want to be presentable, especially if you have a business partner or client picking you up, but there is no reason that you cannot dress down and be comfortably while flying.
The key to flying on business and dressing appropriately is finding the perfect balance. With the tips provided, you will have no trouble picking out the right outfit for the next time you go out of town on business.
- Layers—When flying, layers are essential. Between airplane cabins, terminals, and in-airport restaurants, you will experience a wide range of climates. Especially when flying on a nighttime flight, the cabin temperature fluctuates. To stay comfortable, consider a lighter weight shirt covered with a cardigan, sweater, light jacket, or perhaps a scarf. As for pants, choose something of medium weight.
- Fabrics that Breathe—To stay comfortable while flying, you should consider choosing fabrics that breathe. These fabrics are ideal, since they allow both moisture and air to pass through. As a result, you enjoy optimal comfort while waiting in the terminal and during the flight. Although silk and linen are options, these fabrics wrinkle. Therefore, you should probably stick with cotton.
- Compression Legwear—When taking long international flights, compression or support legwear is highly recommended. In addition to looking nice, being comfortable to wear, and easy to clean, this type of legwear serves another very important purpose. Compression legwork promotes better circulation, which in turn prevents swelling. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, compression legwear will help reduce the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- Flat and Comfortable Shoes—There is no reason that you cannot wear quality tennis shoes, loafers, or other flats that are comfortable for your business trip. There are multiple options that look great and are easy to remove when going through security, but more importantly, these shoes make it easy when going through large terminals. For added comfort, consider placing a cushioned insert inside the shoes.
- Loose Fitting—As opposed to wearing tailored clothes, opt for something with a looser fit. You will find the flight to be more comfortable, and this also reduces risk of developing DVT.
Hiring a Reputable Limo Company
To make your business trip even better, schedule a limousine to pick you up when you arrive at your destination. With that, you can sit back and relax before arriving at the hotel to prepare for upcoming meetings.Tags: Business travel, Business travel tips, Executive travel