If you love fine arts, there is no shortage of amazing museums throughout the United States. In fact, the US is home to some of the finest art museums in the world, many with famous pieces on display. Whether you’re spending a quiet afternoon on your own or entertaining an important client, going to any one of the recommended art museums is an excellent option.
Top-Rated Art Museums
- Metropolitan Museum of Art—Located in New York City, this art museum ranks as the largest in the US, with more than two million items in its collection. The museum is most famous for its Egyptian holdings, as well as antiquities from many other cultures.
- Museum of Fine Arts—This Boston museum has 450,000 works of art on display. However, the museum is popular among people who appreciate post-impressionist and impressionist art, artifacts from Egypt, and Japanese art and pottery.
- Art Institute of Chicago—When in the Windy City, you should visit the Art Institute of Chicago, which ranks as the second largest in the US, after with the Metropolitan in New York City. On display are over 300,000 pieces, including one of the largest Claude Monet painting collections.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art—This comprehensive art museum offers 227,000 pieces of artwork, including famous collections of Italian Renaissance art, Turkish and Persian rugs, and Chinese porcelains.
- National Gallery of Art—In Washington, DC, this art museum has a collection of over 115,000 paintings, prints, sculptures, drawings, and decorative pieces, with a massive collection of renaissance art.
- Detroit Institute of Arts—At this art museum are over 65,000 pieces, complete with early European paintings, American art, armor, and art of ancient cultures.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art—This Indiana art museum offers more than 54,000 pieces consisting of Chinese porcelain, Japanese art, neo-impressionist art, and American art.
- Palace of the Legion of Honor—Located in San Francisco, this art museum boasts 124,000 plus pieces of work, including valued pieces from Monet, El Greco, and Tiepolo.
- Museum of Modern Art—For contemporary art, you will love this New York museum and its more than 150,000 pieces of work on display, which include 22,000 films and four million film stills.
- Cleveland Museum of Art—This contemporary art museum features 45,000 pieces with popular holdings from Monet, Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, El Greco, Salvador Dali, Renoir, and others.
A Special Day
When hosting a client, you can hire a limousine for a day at an art museum. The client will be impressed, but more importantly, comfortable. After a great day looking at famous pieces, the chauffeur will take you and your client to respective destinations.Tags: Business travel, Business travel tips