New York City is one of the most popular cities in the country. People swarm there to go to museums, particularly the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the American Museum of Natural History. They enjoy a walk in Central Park; attend a play on or off Broadway or take a tour around the city.
Royal Coachman Worldwide knows you and your group is looking forward to your stay in New York City. In order to help you decide on the all-important “where to go” to add to your groups or meeting excursions or even what facilities have the bandwidth to handle your large group, here’s a brief guide to the best:
Among the top ten newly renovated hotels friendly to group-stays with the facilities to host large events are the following:
- Affinia, Manhattan
- Conrad New York, Battery Park City – 463 suites
- The Court, Murray Hill – 199 guest rooms and suites
- Hyatt, Union Square – 178 rooms
- Jade Hotel Union Square art-deco-style – 113 rooms
- New York Palace, intersection of 50th Street and Madison Avenue, Neo-Italian Renaissance – 805 rooms and 88 suites
- Refinery Hotel, 197-room hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel, Madison Avenue – 1,015 guestrooms and suites
- Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel -1,781 rooms
- The Tuscany, Murray Hill, 124 studios and lofts
- Westin, New York Grand Central
Where to Eat
New York offers many fine dining experiences. It also allows you to do inexpensive take out and everything in between. One recommended restaurant is Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar in the historic New York Times Building by Food Network host Guy Fieri.
Central Places: Convention Center & Facilities
New York City has many enviable convention centers and facilities to host special events. Royal Coachman Worldwide ensures you arrive safely at:
- Madison Square Garden with its Lexus Madison Suite Level, Madison Club, Delta Sky360 Club and 1879 Club
- Javits Center with the eco-friendly Javits Center North hall
- Barclays Center, Brooklyn, plays host to a wide-ranging mixture of events e.g. boxing, concerts, basketball and hockey games
- Alexandria Center, offers the Apella, both high-tech and environmentally friendly, for events and conferences
- Armory on the Hudson, Washington Heights is home to the Arena with ample space for a variety of large-scale events
Out-And About City Cycling and More
New York has recently adopted a very bike-friendly attitude. The group, Bike and Roll NYC, has available approximately 2,000 bikes for both individual rentals and/or guided tours. These tours include planned stops. The group arranges for you to visit a particular place of interest e.g. museum, gallery and make time for lunch. This is a great way to get your group out of the meeting room and revitalized between sessions!
If you and other members of your group prefer sailing, Manhattan by Sail provides you several unique opportunities. Why not get on board a tall ship, the Shearwater. This is a classic schooner, 80 years of age capable of accommodating 48. Alternatively, you can opt for, the Clipper City. This topsail schooner can seat 150.
If this type of sailing is not your preference, look to World Yacht. Their fleet of four yachts is available for private charters and special events.
Whatever the decision – boat, bike or foot, keep in mind that Royal Coachman Worldwide can get you and your group to where you want to go in New York City and in the New York City/New Jersey Metro area.
Tags: Corporate travel trends, limo services new jersey, limousine service new jersey, meeting planning tips, meeting tips