Throughout every region in the state of New Jersey there will be something unique and exciting for Labor Day. This year will be no different in that the cities, as well as local businesses, have gone out of their way to make this holiday a time to remember.
Celebrating Labor Day
New Jersey is known for its vast number of festivities during Labor Day. Following are just a few that people tend to gravitate toward.
- Manasquan – On September 5th, Manasquan will feature a live concert performed by the group called Moonlighting, followed by an incredible fireworks display.
- Tour de Farm – With this event, you can get a small taste of what it is like to watch professional bicyclists in France. Held on September 6th in Sussex County, this is just one of three bicycling tours, all organized to promote farmers and their New Jersey farms.
- Nutley Street Fair & Craft Show – If you enjoy looking at beautiful crafts made by local artisans, this is a great event. The show is scheduled for September 6th where more than 400 vendors, crafters, and artists will have incredible wares on display.
- Barbecue – No Labor Day weekend would be complete without a good old-fashioned barbecue. In Mercer County at Sculpture Park, you and your family can dine on veggie burgers, hot dogs, and hamburgers prepared by the Peacock Café. For dessert, delicious ice cream sundaes will be served.
- 50s Party – Your year of birth does not have to be in the 1950s, nor is it a requirement for you to have been raised in the 1950s, to enjoy this fabulous, five-day Labor Day party. Everyone who comes has the opportunity to travel back in time with this 33rd annual party.
- Wild Hot Rod Weekend – If you appreciate fast and wild cars you will love this event. In all, there will be more than 1,000 cars present, along with celebrities, vendors, live bands, and even a swap meet.
- Mendham Borough Labor Day Parade – This annual event will be held on September 7th starting at 10:00 am. The parade will run along Mountain Avenue and Main Street in Mendham Borough, something people of all ages will enjoy.
Making Labor Day Special
This year, you can make Labor Day in New Jersey even more special by hiring a chauffeur. With this, you will find it easier to get around while also having the chance to relax a little as you go from one event to another.Tags: New Jersey events, travel tips