The 2nd annual Blue Note Jazz Festival is set to begin June 10th in New York City and will feature many legendary music artists in over 50 shows scheduled throughout the city. For the best luxury limousine service to the Blue Note nightclub or other festival venues including B.B. King’s Blues Club and the Highline Ballroom, your best choice is Royal Coachman.
The following list is just a short preview of some of the scheduled performances for the 2012 Blue Note Jazz Festival.
- Bela Fleck (Blue Note June 10) – Born in New York City, Bela Fleck is considered to be one of the greatest living banjo players and has won 13 Grammy Awards. He will perform with pianist Marcus Roberts
- Bootsy Collins (B.B. King’s Blues Club June 13) – The flashy bassist from the funk band Parliament/Funkadelic, Collins was also part of James Brown’s backup band of the 1970s and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.
- Little Richard (B.B. King’s Blues Club June 14) – A living legend and a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Little Richard burst onto the music scene in the 1950s with hits such as “Lucille” and “Good Golly Miss Molly”. His appearance might be considered to be the highlight of this year’s festival.
- The Commodores (B.B. King’s Blues Club June 16) – This popular band from Alabama were one of the top selling artists of the 70s and 80s with hits such as “Brick House,” “Three Times a Lady,” and “Lady.” Although the principal songwriter and lead singer Lionel Ritchie has moved on, the appearance of the remaining members at the Blue Note Jazz Festival will guarantee a fabulous night of music.
- Manhattan Transfer (B.B. King’s Blues Club June 19) – The popular singing quartet who began their careers in New York City, is perhaps best known for their rendition of the 1965 song “The Boy from New York City”, which became their hit single in 1981. Led by Tim Hauser, the current lineup has been together for nearly 35 years.
Other popular artists to appear at this year’s Blue Note Jazz Festival include McCoy Tyner, Stanley Clark and George Duke, Cassandra Wilson and Jimmy Scott.
The festival will be unquestionably one of the premier events to attend in New York City as the summer kicks off. Trust in Royal Coachman for finest limousine services.
Tags: Blue Note Jazz Fest, Blue Note Jazz Festival, Festival Transportation New York, Jazz in New York