Different Things to See and Do
You could organize a nice family get-together in New Jersey or a fun weekend trip for you and a bunch of friends. In either case, instead of flying or driving, consider a more comfortable option in the form of a mini-bus or coach provided by a limousine company, such as Royal Coachman.
- New Jersey Boardwalks – One of the things that New Jersey is most famous for is the boardwalks. Each boardwalk is unique, with many offering a variety of carnival rides, midway games, and more. While there, you can enjoy some good old-fashioned hotdogs and saltwater taffy while feeling the cool ocean breeze.
- The Jersey Shore – Although the Jersey Shore’s reputation was somewhat tainted by a number of televisions shows, in reality this is an area with wonderful beaches as well as miles upon miles of white sand. During the summertime, the water is extremely warm and blue.
- Historic Lighthouses – Another reason for taking a trip to New Jersey is the opportunity to visit any number of the standing historic lighthouses. While some are mere remnants of their glory days, others are fully functioning lighthouses. For example, you should set time aside to see the East Point Lighthouse, Twin Lights, and Barnegat Lighthouse, each unique and mesmerizing. However, be sure you make it to the Cape Map Lighthouse. There, you can climb the stairs to the top and enjoy a magnificent view of the ocean and wildlife.
- Casino Gambling – Throughout New Jersey are wonderful casinos. Similar to Las Vegas, you have a number of options, including the Golden Nugget, Caesars, and Tropicana. Especially for an activity such as this, a hired limo driver would be highly beneficial.
- Beneduce Vineyards – For something a little different, you could head to Pittstown, New Jersey, for a day of fun at the vineyards. While there, you can sign up for the winemaking club, do taste testing, and purchase some of your favorite wine. There is also live music during happy hour on a gorgeous stone patio.
- Liberty Science Center – In Jersey City, this center is not only a museum but also an aquarium and zoo. Exhibitions change frequently, giving guests new adventures. Some of the more popular things to do at the science center include the Touch Tunnel maze, the Curtain Wall simulator, and an incredible Lightning Show.
- Jenison’s Aquarium – Great for people of all ages, this aquarium is located just off the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach. Along with exotic exhibitions that include sharks, penguins, seals, and coral reefs, this aquarium offers hands-on experiences with live mammals. Open all year, excluding major holidays, this is an excellent adventure in New Jersey.
- Horse Sleigh Farm – During the fall, this farm is truly amazing. There is a massive corn maze, hayrides, pony rides, a bounce house, corn box, pumpkin picking, animal petting, and more. Around Halloween, the farm is known for having one of the best haunted hayrides and corn maze experiences throughout the state.
- Jersey Shore Pirates – While at the Jersey Shore, you and the entire family can have some real pirate fun. As part of the adventure, everyone can get involved with interactive treasure hunting, dress up like a real pirate, enjoy face painting, and sail the ocean in a pirate ship.
- Zoom Ziplines at Mountain Creek – For something a little more daring, there is Zoom Ziplines, the only guided zipline tour in the state. The park is open all year long and provides breathtaking views of the tri-state area. The ziplines range from 200 to 1,500 feet long and suspend 1,040 feet above Mountain Creek.
Besides these must-see places, you can also check out some of the best Morristown attractions: the Jockey Hollow, the Morristown National Historical Park, The Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Ford Mansion and Museum or Morris Museum. To arrive at the designated place in style, you should consider renting a Morristown limo.Tags: New Jersey, NJ travel